What is NAEA?
National Art Education Association (NAEA) is a professional organization for future, current, and retired art teachers. The National Student Chapter was founded in 1947 and now serves the needs of Art Education majors in accredited colleges and universities throughout the United States and Canada. Visit our Website:……
The University of the Arts, Department of Art + Design Student Chapter of the National Art Education Association is a professional affiliation that enables members the chance to practice the art of teaching, talk about experiences, engage in new studio activities, as well as gain insights and information on what it will take to become an effective art teacher.
Our chapter is run by 3 current students and faculty advisors and, of course, our active and distinguished members.
How do I join the student chapter?
Just come to our first members meeting this semester.
For more information contact:
Faculty Liaison: Rande Blank – firstname.lastname@example.org
What activities do we do?
- Receptions and Exhibitions for current students and alumni.
- Represent UARTS at both the NAEA and PAEA conferences.
- Attend Art + Design Ed Spring Workshops for Art Educators.
- Participate in studio workshops each semester
Join NAEA/PAEA by visiting the NAEA membership website.
Enjoy all these benefits:
- Attend the world’s largest art education professional development program
- Enjoy automatic membership in the Pennsylvania Art Education Association
- Order publications like the Design Standards for School Art Facilities at substantial discount
- Enhance your teaching with free art prints and lesson plan ideas in your bimonthly Journals
- Attend regional workshops at a discount and receive Act 48 hours
- Receive help for teaching questioning skills in art education
- Present workshops at national and state conventions
Join Art Education New Jersey (AENJ)
Art Educators of New Jersey was conceived in 1939 by art educators interested in the promotion of visual arts education in the state. It is our purpose to promote and maintain the highest possible degree of quality instruction in visual arts programs throughout New Jersey.
There are over 1,000 members, including public and private school art teachers on every level, art supervisors, students, museum educators, and nationally recognized authors, as well as those actively involved in national and international leadership in art education. Members come from every county, every grade level and from rural, suburban, and urban areas. Our goal is to provide Leadership, Professional Development and Advocacy tools to art educators throughout the state.
AENJ sponsors a variety of student exhibits throughout the year and throughout the state. Through Youth Art Month, AENJ supports exhibits featuring work from students grades K-12.
Their annual Conference, features over 130 Workshops, Trade show, Panels and Guest speakers including internationally known artists. We also offer other professional development opportunities that focus on areas of interest to art educators.
AENJ also offers Grants and Scholarships for AENJ members and students of members, and Awards for supporters of Art Education in NJ.